We want your wedding day to be all that you have dreamed of. We invite all our wedding couples to a day of wedding preparation each spring.
GETTING MARRIED IN ONE OF OUR CHURCHES.
The Churches in our group (Benefice) are all very characterful and beautiful. They are also very ancient and the atmosphere and ambience is ideal for those who want to have their wedding in a Christian place of worship. Couples have been getting married in them for hundreds of years and we want them to continue to be extra special wedding locations for many years to come.
Because the Church of England is an established church the clergy can act as Registrars as well as parish priests. This means that we have a special process for marrying in our churches.
For couples both of whom have never been married before
- If you or your fiance live in one of our parishes then you can marry in any of our churches. (Our churches can seat from 50 people in the smallest up to 250 people at Waltham.) Most people choose their own parish church and some of our brides walk to church with their guests!
- If you have a qualifying connection with one of our churches then you can get married in any of our churches. A qualifying connection might be 6 months residence, parents marriage etc (see the Church of England website for accurate details)
- If you both, or one of you, attend the church for six months you are eligible to go on our members list (Electoral Roll). You can then marry at one of our churches. For those who are new we ask that you come 10 times in a six month period – this is our most popular way of marrying and makes it a very special wedding.
If either of you have been married before then you may still be able to marry with us. You will need to fulfil one of the above criteria and also attend an interview with one of the clergy.
Very simply there are three prohibitions
- No adultery should be involved.
- All should be well settled from any previous marriage esp if children are involved
- The church should not be brought into disrepute by your marriage
Usually this will only apply to people who have been married once before-but please ask if you are not sure.
WANT TO KNOW MORE OR TO FIND OUT HOW TO BOOK– then simply ring the church office and speak to the Administrator or the Rector.
If you marry in the Ironstone Churches we would love you to send us a photo to put on the website with a few words about your experience. Please send to our administrator …………………………………….
Photo-gallery: The Ironstone Churches - perfect wedding venues
Find out how by contacting us at:
Rev Canon John Barr
Tel: 01664 464265
23 Melton Road
Waltham on the Wolds
Lisa Neale - Parish Administrator
Wednesday 9.30 am to 2.30 pm
TERM TIME ONLY
Thanks for visiting our website. To find out about what is happening at individual churches in the Benefice, please visit their pages under "Churches" in the menu.