Goadby Marwood Church - St. Denys
Situated in the heart of this conservation village, the Grade 1 listed ironstone church was built around 1280 with additions in the 14th Century. It was restored and reseated in 1884.
The church is dedicated to St Denys. It possesses more carvings than most, with four gargoyles adorning the church tower and many stone faces found within. The attractively-patterned font dates from the 14th Century.
At the rear, the imposing Goadby Marwood Hall overlooks St Denys.
St. Denys offers an Evensong service on the 4th Sunday of each month.
Next service: Sunday 26th February 6:00 p.m.
Every three months, we host an Ironstone Churches Communion service at 10:30 a.m.
Everyone is warmly welcome to attend these services and to stay for a coffee or glass of sherry afterwards.
Sunday 12th February 2017
Ably led by Brian McAvoy who took our service for the first time, we hosted our first Ironstone Group Communion of 2017 today.
Despite the cold and inclement weather a congregation of 35, which included
parishioners from several of the other Ironstone churches, enjoyed the service with Brian keeping our minds off the weather! Paul Taylor kindly assisted with communion and all stayed for a very welcome hot drink afterwards.
Harry Westropp - tel. 01664 464202
Neil Rogers - tel. 01664 464779
Find out how by contacting us at:
Rev Canon John Barr
Tel: 01664 464265
23 Melton Road
Waltham on the Wolds
Lisa Neale - Parish Administrator
Wednesday 9.30 am to 2.30 pm
TERM TIME ONLY
Thanks for visiting our website. To find out about what is happening at individual churches in the Benefice, please visit their pages under "Churches" in the menu.